Smart Strategic Action improves strategy, focus, speed, and engagement.The GEO System™ achieves this with seamless principles, processes, and tools.
Origins of the GEO System™
Over a decade ago, I saw the handwriting on the wall. Strategic thinking, planning, and action based on the assumption of stable conditions and linear change were obsolete.
This was the central premise of Winning In FastTime®, the highly-acclaimed book I co-authored with John Warden, architect of the Desert Storm strategy. At the heart of that strategy was the most successful air campaign in history.
Winning in FastTime® has a simple message. New circumstances require new leadership mindsets. Three are essential: Think Strategically, Focus Sharply, Move quickly.
With the Winning in FastTime® mindsets as our foundation, my firm, GEO Group Strategic Services, developed The GEO System™, a seamless set of strategic action principles, processes, and tools. It delivers the best ways to think, plan and act collectively in a world of VUCA ─ volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity.
The proof of performance is ‘in the pudding’, and here’s what our clients have said about some of the benefits we’ve delivered with our System.
Work in New Ways
“This process has changed the way I work…my attitude, my perspective, and my behaviors.” — Mike Roberts, Former President, McDonald’s Corporation
Build Better Plans
“In my 21 years in HP / Agilent, this the best business plan I’ve ever seen rolled out.” — Glenn May, Former SPG Corporate Account Manager, Agilent Technologies
Meet Aggressive Goals
“I am truly amazed by how much we accomplished in how little time. We met some very aggressive goals.” — Hardy Wentz, Former Sales Initiative Leader, Weyerhaeuser Canada
Accelerate Critical Decisions
“The online sessions accelerated our critical R&D decisions and significantly reduced our time to market.” — Barney Saunders, Former VP & General Manager of Bio-Research Solutions, Agilent Technologies
Virtually Engage Stakeholders
“The System was a fast, efficient way to virtually engage more stakeholders in critical conversations.” — Phil Leupold, Regional General Manager, Weyerhaeuser Corporation
Transform Your Business.
“GEO helped us transform a near extinct business to a $20 million sale in 36 months!” — Cliff Tompkins, Founder, Prepaid Concepts Corporation
Why Our Strategic Action System™ Is Unique
The GEO Strategic Action System™is comprehensive and fully integrated with A-to-Z principles, processes, and tools. It consistently delivers faster, better results than other approaches because it includes:
- A seamless action architecture for thinking, planning, and acting collectively
- Customized online collaboration tools and expertly facilitated virtual processes
- Real-time leadership development using knowledge bytes and action learning
This comprehensive, integrated approach is what separates the GEO Strategic Action System™ from single “silver bullet” solutions. It has allowed us to build a stellar performance track record among top leaders in Fortune 500, mid-size, and non-profit firms.
We’ve typically helped leaders make step-change improvements in strategy, focus, speed, and engagement. These are the four major challenges created by VUCA. Consider these general statistics:
- Over 80% of organizations fail to execute their strategies effectively; CEOs from 40 countries rate “Execution” as their #1 concern.
- 67% of leaders say capabilities don’t fully support their strategy; 52% are not confident in their company’s strategy.
- 90% of senior leaders agree that speed is critical to success, but only 40% say that they are moving fast enough.
- 50% lower operating profit is the result when organizations are outpaced by their competitors.
- Only 33% of employees are engaged in their job and 51% are looking for a new job.
What We Can Do for You
We offer custom strategic services to meet your challenges by ensuring:
- Smart strategic thinking without wasting time
- Sharply focused planning that leverages resources
- Rapid implementation and fast course corrections
- Broader, deeper engagement and commitment
One caveat. Since our services are custom, we need to understand your situation. What are your priorities and current organizational dynamics? With that knowledge, we can offer you options that fit your needs, including your size and culture.
As a first step, think about where you stand today.
- What are top challenges and opportunities?
- What are some potential costs of delay in meeting them?
- What are some potential benefits of faster results in meeting them?
If you’d like to learn more about our custom strategic services, Let’s Connect.
© 2001-2018 Leland Russell | All Rights Reserved